Most of the time you’ll find that your home is valued at a certain price based on the types of features, amenities and installations it has. A copper roof, for example, will fetch a much better price than a basic, asphalt shingle one, while even the practice of painting your home interior with environmentally friendly paint will increase the price to some small extent.
Understandably, there are some aspects of your home that can be improved by trend setting home remodeling Fort Collins general contractors to increase its value better than what any other renovations can achieve. These are the following:
- Installing a new roof that is made from the appropriate materials for the area you live in will improve the value of your home to a great extent.
- Replacing old wiring and plumbing fixtures will also add a lot of value, since that’s usually what most buyers look at the first time they enter your home.
- Modern fixtures like a swimming pool, hot tub or outdoor kitchen will also provide great sale value.
- You can also increase the value of your home by revamping your kitchen or bathroom, and remodeling your basement to add a second living room, a lounge or a home theater area to your home.
- Finally, energy efficiency is a big plus when you want to sell your home. Installing a new HVAC system, replacing old vents and adding some extra attic insulation to fight off the cold can all be great assets as well.